Hoodwink

My NaNoWriMo attempt - we'll see how it goes.

Friday, October 22, 2004

I Wasn't Going to Post Here Yet

But I can't help it. Now that I have made the decision to participate in NaNoWriMo, I am so excited. I have started many novels, but this is the best motivation that I have to forget the content and just get the words out. I can always go back and correct later, but who cares. I can actually produce 175 pages of a novel that I write. Plots harrass me now, all begging to be written. I spent the majority of yesterday plotting, but most of them will wait for another time when I can do more research. I am excited about one of my plots, but it will take research on legal and psychological facts and interviews that I just don't have time to do before November, but I look forward to making time for it after I am done with Hoodwink. I have longed to do this all my life, and this is the motivation that I have needed, the kick in the pants I have been waiting for. So here I go. Just a few days to go. I know that I will have a plot by then - I will have to.

It is lovely getting my imagination going again. I feel the wheels starting to move and it is like waking up from a coma. I have been writing about nothing but me, me, me lately, so it is nice to think about other lives and create again.