Hoodwink

My NaNoWriMo attempt - we'll see how it goes.

Thursday, October 21, 2004

Plot, Plot, Plot

Now that I have gotten started, I can't help thinking about the plot for the novel, though everything I come up with seems derived from personal experience. However, I don't want to be at a loss for 50,000 words come Nov. 1.

So it stands as a parallel novel. The focus begins on a man and his girlfriend, a woman with whom he is madly in love. Due to various insecurities, he deems it necessary to create a completely new past. The story progresses with his anecdotes and is contrasted by the events of his life as they actually transpired. The reality will make sense of his fantasy - perhaps. Do they remain together when he is revealed as a complete liar, or does she understand the reasons and stay with him despite his dishonesty?